Retreats at Florence House
Life with Purpose: A Five-day Residential Retreat with Clive Tempest
In a 1920s seaside villa on clifftops in Sussex
Monday 14 October - Friday 18 October 2019: Life with Purpose I
Monday 4 May – Friday 8 May 2020 - postponed due to pandemic
Monday 26 April – Friday 30 April 2021 - postponed due to pandemic
Monday 18 October – Friday 22 October, 2021: Life with Purpose II
Monday 25 April – Friday 29 April 2022: Life with Purpose III
A Conscious Connections Retreat removes you from the stress and tension of everyday life and draws you into a space of more love and freedom using chi gung exercises, somatic meditations and the practice of living more consciously. The way to live a more conscious and purposeful life is to reverse your karma, which means breaking free from the influence of your past on your life today. We have to change the habits of the brain by being more spacious in the body and emptying the head. Come and breathe in the fresh sea air and take in a new clarity of purpose. Moving - sitting still - listening - being.
The Spring Retreat: Life with Purpose III
Monday 25 April – Friday 29 April 2022
This will be our third visit to Florence House to develop the theme of life with purpose. Whenever you know your purpose you're free of anxiety - because your purpose is about what's happening now and anxiety is always about what's not. In these days of increasing social and psychological pressure we need ways of living with uncertainty and withstanding the stress. Knowing our purpose at any time is one way. But to get to that, first we have to put the brake on a busy life, stall the momentum of stress and relax. But wellbeing is not just being well. It is being - just being - with nothing else going on. In this retreat you'll discover that whatever your goals in life your real purpose is being your being. And that is not only the way of conscious living but the way to a life with more love.
You'll be staying in this lovely villa set in the wide open spaces of its private grounds, on the edge of Seaford, a small seaside town. It is only five minutes walk from the beach. There are secluded gardens for sheltered chi gung practice and a Mongolian Yurt for group meditation. Each day there will be chi gung classes, talks and sessions sitting in silence. You do not need to have chi gung experience to participate in this retreat. Most of the bedrooms are double or twin-bedded with shared bathrooms and have lovely views. There will be a mainly vegetarian menu and delicious home cooking with locally sourced produce and a seafood option.
Arrival: Monday. Registration 16.30 - 18.00. Dinner 19.00. First session 20.00.
Departure: Friday. The last session will be in the morning with departure after lunch.
Covid: We plan to go ahead with the retreat despite the uncertainties of these times. Florence House has been operating with Covid safeguards in place. Covid LFT/PCR tests may or may not be needed in order to attend, depending on circumstances and regulations at the time. At present, if you come to the retreat from abroad, and you are fully vaccinated, you will not need tests to travel into the UK but please check your home country's rules about your return. If you are entering the country but have not been fully vaccinated with UK approved vaccines, you may find that you still have to take tests. If in doubt about UK regulations, please ask for more information.
Course fee, accommodation, all meals and refreshments per person:
Sharing a room: £600
Single occupancy: £700
- Places are likely to be in high demand so please reserve your place as soon as possible by paying a deposit of £100. Because the pandemic situation can change so suddenly, we will only require you to pay the balance two weeks in advance. Full payment is due on or before Sunday 10 April.
- Only if the event is cancelled will a full refund be paid. You can cancel your booking and get a refund, less your deposit, until 10 April but if you cancel thereafter no refunds can be paid. Please arrange personal insurance in case you have to cancel your booking/travel arrangements. If Clive is unavoidably prevented from leading the retreat, it will go ahead in a different format at reduced cost.
- Florence House is in Southdown Road, Seaford, East Sussex and is easy to reach from London by road; or by rail from Victoria Station to Lewes, change to Seaford.
- Be sure that you can arrive easily in time for registration and you do not have to leave early.
- If you're coming from abroad please supply details of your travel plan and we can arrange transfers for you from Gatwick or Heathrow airports by taxi, minibus or train (£25/£35 per person each way).
- Coming from Finland? The recommended flights for group travel are: Inbound Finnair AY1335 Monday 25 April arriving LHR 15.10. Outbound Finnair AY1336 Friday 29 April departing 16.10 LHR. (There is no fee for changing Finnair tickets purchased by 28 February).